Heating Repair and Installation Services in Monroe, NC, Union County and the Heartland of the Carolina's
You might not have to suffer the same subzero wind chills as our neighbors in the North, but winter temps in Monroe, NC, still get chilly. Fortunately, the right furnace or heat pump is all it takes to ensure consistently comfortable indoor warmth. The only downside is that, when something unexpectedly goes wrong, and you have no idea what it is. That's when an experienced heating contractor like Byrum Heating & A/C, Inc. can help.
When to Call for Byrum Heating & A/C, Inc. Heating Repair
You can always use Byrum Heating & A/C, Inc. to get answers to your heating questions; you can also call us for help with troubleshooting your system. However, if any of the following issues turn up, they should be addressed immediately with a heating repair call:
- Your electric bill is suddenly sky-high: This usually means your heater is overworking to keep up with the demand for heat. Something is malfunctioning, and it could be any number of things. An HVAC service technician can tell you what's causing the problem.
- No matter how high you set the thermostat, there's never enough heat: You might also notice uneven heating or poor airflow. This could indicate a thermostat problem, or it could be a ductwork issue. It could also mean your heating system is at the end of its life cycle.
- Odd noises out of nowhere: If your heater is clanking, grinding, buzzing, thunking, banging, squealing, screeching or moaning, it’s a cry for help. These noises are not normal; they indicate that your heating system has operational issues. Turn the unit off, and let an HVAC service technician take care of it. Although older furnaces do get noisier with age, strange sounds usually indicate broken parts that need repair or replacement.
- The pilot light is not blue: Your furnace pilot light should be blue. If it's yellow, red, orange, green or purple, it's time to call for help.
- You have excessive dust no matter how often you clean: If you're keeping your air filters and ductwork clean, excessive dust can indicate that your furnace isn't functioning properly. Indoor air quality is a good measure of the health of your HVAC. If your indoor air feels dry, if you notice unpleasant odors, or if you or your family are experiencing allergies or respiratory problems, have your heater checked right away.
Heat Pump and Furnace Installation in Monroe, NC
On average, heat pumps last 10 to 15 years, and furnaces last 15 to 20 years. If poor heating performance and old age are attended by frequent repair calls, schedule a free home heating assessment with an experienced heating contractor like Byrum Heating & A/C, Inc. to explore your heating installation options.
Keep Your HVAC Healthy With Byrum Heating & A/C, Inc. Heating Maintenance
Did you know that 95 percent of all heating repair calls could be prevented with annual maintenance? Tuneups give your service technician an opportunity to identify and correct potential problems before they can cause trouble. Maintenance also maximizes heater efficiency and improves indoor air quality.
We may be stationed in Marshville and Monroe, but Byrum Heating & A/C, Inc., services these areas as well: