Central Air Conditioning Experts in Union County and the Heartland of the Carolina’s
HVAC systems are tireless workers until something goes wrong. When that happens, a unit may still be functional, but it’s only a matter of time before the system crashes. Don’t wait for the worst to happen before scheduling air conditioning repair, or you’ll be looking at an AC installation instead. Cooling system irregularities should always be addressed immediately. If you’re not sure what to do, ask Byrum Heating & A/C, Inc., – an HVAC expert service – to clarify the situation. You can also call us directly if you need help with troubleshooting your system.
When to Schedule Air Conditioning Repair in Byrum Heating & A/C, Inc.
If any of these situations develop with your cooling system, call for air conditioning repair and turn the unit off to keep the problem from getting worse:
- You hear noises that weren’t there yesterday: Clunking, banging, squealing, grinding, buzzing and other scary sounds should be checked out ASAP.
- Utility bills are skyrocketing for no apparent reason: This can mean that something is causing your air conditioner to overwork and thereby driving up energy usage. It can also mean that your air conditioner is having end-of-life issues. The unit may need repair, or you might need an AC replacement.
- You smell something: A burning odor from your AC usually indicates an electrical problem or a system component that’s overheating. Schedule emergency AC repair immediately. You might also notice foul or musty odors; both should be checked out by an experienced HVAC service technician.
- No airflow or warm airflow: This could mean a thermostat problem, a blower problem or air conditioner death. A service technician can diagnose the problem.
- The AC isn’t keeping you cool or the airflow is weak: You might wonder if this is all in your head, but your perception is probably accurate. Have it checked out. If your unit is 10-15 years old, it may be time for a new AC installation.
- There are leaks: This can mean that the condensate line is clogged, or it may indicate a refrigerant leak. Both issues require the help of an HVAC service technician.
- Your cooling is uneven: If some rooms are too hot and other rooms are too cold, you may have a thermostat problem.
Energy-Efficient Byrum Heating & A/C, Inc. AC Installation
If your air conditioner is 10-15 years old, needs frequent repairs and doesn’t keep you cool, the best way to beat the heat is with an energy-efficient AC installation, especially if your utility bills are on the rise. You can get a free residential cooling system assessment with Byrum Heating & A/C, Inc., so you have nothing to lose by exploring your options. High-efficiency cooling systems can reduce utility bills by a wide margin, and the savings can cover installation costs over time.
Avoid AC Repair and AC Replacement With Annual AC Maintenance
The easiest way to avoid AC repair calls and premature AC replacement is to have your cooling system tuned up every spring. Studies show that annual AC maintenance can prevent up to 95 percent of AC repair calls. AC tuneups can also improve energy efficiency by up to 45 percent. Check the Byrum Heating & A/C, Inc., website often for coupons on AC repairs and AC tuneups.
We may be stationed in Marshville, but Byrum Heating & A/C, Inc., services these areas as well: